Saturday, May 11, 2013

10k Race Eve

'Tis the eve of the 10k which I haven't trained enough for. I know I can do it, it just might take me longer than the last two times. I reckon I'll complete it in 1:15. I'm drinking a beer right now, today's nutrition hasn't been best. Naughty.

I had a big breakfast of potatoes, eggs, bacon and bread. Also an unnecessary cupcake. I'm over this challenge.

At home later I had a rice cake + peanut butter. Now I'm drinking a Rickards Shandy, it's a light beer at least. Meh. I'm trying not to be too different with this race, just living life. I know I won't run out of "fuel", it's only 10km, not a marathon. I don't need to "carb load", so they say.

Dinner will be a nice steak and vegetables on the BBQ.

I'll let you know how the race goes. I'll be starting with some friends and my aunt. I think around 5 or 6 people. We want to grab breakfast after, hopefully somewhere walkable I don't want 3 stinky sweaty bodies in on my car seats without protection. Including my own stinky sweaty body, but I'll bring a towel or blanket to sit on.

Well, good luck everyone! Get a good night's sleep and stay hydrated. I'll be running on an empty stomach, I can't run with food in there.

If I enjoy this race I'm signing up for the Midsummer Night's Run in August, it's a 15km yikes!! But I like that it's in the evening and it's down by the beach, so it's nearby. Check out the photos, it's funny, people dress up in weird outfits. Cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment