Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ohh kay clearly I was having a PMS/exhaustion breakdown last week. I don't feel as fat as I did on Thursday or Friday. Last night I did though. I was staring at myself in the mirror. Now, I don't know if I've gained my fat back that I lost during the challenge, or if I'm just used to my body and now I think that even THIS body is too fat. Which might mean I have body image issues ("might" - haha) or maybe I'm a bit fatter than in October. Now, I don't want to sound like I'm saying that I think I'm obese, I'm merely complaining about my appearance based on my own personal goals and standards. Don't worry, I'm fully aware of what fat is and I know how annoying it is when "skinny" people bitch about their weight. But I DO know that I'm not skinny - not that I want to be but you know what I mean by all this.

I have two weeks to tone up and fit into old blue velvet. In a perfect Michelle world, I will challenge myself and go every morning to crossfit - well at least 4X this week because I am busy Wed-Frid and that is not acceptable for my fitness.

I'll let you know if it happens.

Sleep was great, I fuckin slept the SHIT outta that bed last night. And I woke up with a headache. Those are the best sleeps cuz you sleep past your normal caffeine time and then get a headache. Good times.

Breakfast:
2 bacon
2.5 egg omelett w/goat cheese. Good shit

A few spoons of cashew/coconut butter. Yum.

Got groceries, I'm stacked for the week. Let's hope I come home after work and don't work til late.

Dinner:
WF Shep pie. The good shit.

I just finished making dairy free eggnog.
Here is the recipe:


Ingredients
4 egg yolks
2.25 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 – 400mL can of full-fat coconut milk *see note
¼ cup palm sugar
2 tsp pure gluten-free vanilla extract
1 tsp ground nutmeg *see note
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch allspice

Instructions
If you don't know how to separate egg yolks, look it up and friggin learn how.
Place egg yolks in a small mixing bowl and set aside
Combine remaining ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
Reduce heat to low.
Slowly add approximately ¼ cup of the hot liquids to the egg yolks while whisking continuously.  - you don't want scrambled eggs. Continue until you’ve added about one cup of the liquid mixture to the egg yolks before transferring the yolks to the pot.
Bring back up to medium heat and whisk while simmering for 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve immediately or pour in a mason jar and refrigerate.
Best sprinkled with a touch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg!

Ok I've finished making it. I think there is too much cinnamon. It's all I smell. I would reduce the amount of cinnamon next time. isn't eggnog all about the nutmeg anyway?? But, not a bad try for my first attempt. If you buy eggnog at the store, look at the ingredients. It's ridic. Fucking make your own, you lazy ass. It doesn't even have to be dairy free and takes like 20 minutes.

Update:

homemade dairy free eggnog is shit. I don't like almond milk, it always tastes burnt to me. I think there was too much cinnamon and not enough sugar. Eggnog is supposed to be sweet, don't try and change that. The consistency was correct, thick like eggnog. That was the only thing eggnoggy about it. That and the nutmeg. I'll give it another go though.



No comments:

Post a Comment