Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fri-Sun

Friday was an all day work event. They catered our food. I managed to stick to my rules and only eat the salad, veggies and fruit. There were sandwiches but I just took the salami out and ate it on the salad. I'd rather have that salami than no salami. Then I ate like 20 olives. Meh.

Black coffee a few times.

Sweet potato fries at Jack Astors (slaps wrist) but it beats all the other crap that was served. I also had like 4 glasses of wine. FAIL! But, Saturday was a new day and I got back on track. Starting with a workout at crossfit. It was good but I'm not going on my knees for a while cuz they're all bruised from my push ups and Turkish get-ups. Google it if you're curious.

For breakfast yesterday I had some of those patties again with some avocado and salsa. Lunch was a cabbage roll then dinner at the Keg. I ate a shrimp cocktail including the sauce. A spinach salad that had manadarin oranges, pecans that were pralined and a dressing that definitely had sugar in it. Filet mignon for my main course, with mixed veg and mushrooms. There was a hollandaise sauce that I just didn't resist. I didn't go buck with it, but I had a few dips. No wine. No beer.

After the hockey game we went to meet some friends at a bar. No drinking means I'm bored so we left after a brief visit. I had a few pickles when I got home with cashews. I was friggin hungry!

This morning I'm making pancakes. Not normal pancakes obv. This recipe:


1 cup almond flour + 1/4 cup ground walnuts/coconut flakes (finely ground and blanched is best)
4 eggs
1/3 cup coconut milk (I was eyeballing it)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt


Instead of adding fruit to the pancake mix, I made a sauce (since I can't really eat maple syrup at the moment.) The sauce was:

half a cup of frozen raspberries
1 apple, peeled and cut into bits
1/4 cup of coconut milk
splash of vanilla
cinnamon to taste
and about a teaspoon of raw honey (I know it's not really accepted but, it's from the earth and I only used a bit)


heated that all in a little sauce pan, reducing it to a thicker consistency. It tastes really good I can't wait to have it on the pancakes!


The sauce looks like that because it's made with coconut milk.

Results: they were good. Needed to be sweeter on their own.. maybe by using some ripe banana or apple sauce. The texture was a bit gritty since it was made from ground nuts, but overall a good little experiment, and satisfied my sweet tooth. Today I'll go to Bulk Barn and get more almond flour as well as coconut flour. I've seen some recipes online for pancakes that use coconut flour and apparently they're fluffy. I believe it.

That's all I've got. Jamaica in a week and I plan on sticking to my eating plan. If I see some special Jamaican treats that I won't normally get at home, yes I'll have some. Other than that, bring on the curried meats and jerk chicken! Rice and peas can kiss my ass because all they do is stick to my ass.

That's it. MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment