Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 5 - Challenge

Sleep was pretty good. No sugar makes me sleep better. Woke up at 6am (barf). My arms are a bit sore from benches/rowing.

Breakfast:
1 egg
kale + meat mix
1/2 avocado

At work:
coffee
few pieces of fruit from a fruit tray + cashew butter
warning: today contained a lot of fruit. :(
who knew fruit would warrant a sad face!

Lunch:
leftover kale slop + other half of stuffed pepper from yesterday
spoonful of coconut butter

Afternoon snacks consisted of:
1 chocolate lara bar
more fruit + cashew butter

Today was a bad day for snacking - healthy snacks yes. But high sugar if you want to get all paleo technical about it. I wasn't that busy so I ate. Maybe I should just be swamped all the time, then I won't eat things.

Crossfit kicked my ass. Front squats @ 85lbs.
The metcon was brutal:

5 sets for time:
10 burpees
20 Wall ball
30 double unders

I absolutely cheated on the burpees. I got to a point where I was just walking down to the ground and walking up. So, what's the point of doing burpees if you're not really doing them? Also, 100 wall balls?? Are you jokes guy?! I didn't cheat on the wall balls or jump ropes. It was the burpees. I'd still be there now if I didn't skip maybe..8 burpees :)

Anyway. My sugar detox is over. Or maybe all that fruit just restarted my fucking detox and I have to do it all over again. Who knows. All I know is my throbbing headache is gone and I have more energy than I did Mon-Wed. I don't know if that has to do with the amount of sleep I got or the detox. Whatever. Anyway... tomorrow's Friday! Going for a run with my friend Julie, I'm thinking we'll do a 6k.

Dinner:
Salmon
Spinach salad with apples
Leftover cauli-rice

small spoon of coconut butter! small!!








No comments:

Post a Comment