Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Final Tuesday.

I don't know if you've noticed but I'm loving that this is the final week of my challenge. Not because I will pig out (yes I will, Saturday night only) but because I will feel accomplished - although I did have a few glasses of wine and ate desserts at Thanksgiving. I still think I've done well.

Sleep was ok. If I went to bed earlier, it would have been better.

Breakfast:
I made a layered bowl of the following - frozen berries (heated) / coconut butter / paleo banana pancakes / almond butter / butter butter / cinnamon

SO GOOD. It was tart yummy comfort food that wasn't eggs. GO! And so far I'm not hungry at work. Werk it.

Food for the day:
Chicken wings / squash.

Apple probably with maca butter.

Chocolate salty balls recipe:

• dates - no pits, I say 2 handfuls - make sure you check each date, sometimes they miss some when taking pits out and it can wreck your food processor blade / chop them first to help the processor

• about 2 handfuls of almonds or other nuts - not PEAnuts.
• splash of vanilla
• pinch of salt
• dash of cayenne pepper
• small handful coconut shreds - unsweetened
• like a tablespoon of coconut milk/almond milk or even just water - it helps them stick into balls
• 2 big tablespoons of cocoa powder

put the dates in, process a bit. add the nuts/coconut / process until small bits / add salt/cayenne/cocoa / pulse a bit / add your vanilla and bit of liquid. process until everything is small, like dirt.

make sure its sticky enough to make balls - grab a bit and pinch it, it should stick together. if not, add a bit more liquid - just a bit! and pulse again. does it look like soil? good!

when you think its sticky enough (it shouldnt be wet), transfer to a bowl and make balls. if you want to get fancy you can roll the balls in cocoa powder like truffles. and sprinkle some coarse salt on top. YUM!
you can put any nuts and seeds in this. i added flax seeds to my last batch and I felt pretty good about that. as long as everything sticks together, your food processor is your oyster, you can make all kinds of healthy energy balls like this.. use cashews..walnuts, hemp seeds, chia... even skip out on the cocoa and make them just vanilla! oooooooh!
but go easy they're addictive and although made with healthy ingredients, dates are super high in sugar.
mm now i wanna make some but i know i'll eat them all.

Dinner:
rogan josh + carrots + cucumber + spinach


No comments:

Post a Comment