Friday, October 19, 2012

YES

tonight is my final official night of th 5 week, Get Real challenge. Basically "Whole 30". Look it up.
I get measured tomorrow. Then in the evening, going out for dinner to celebrate. Well, I'm celebrating anyway, with a glass or two of wine or beer and a delicious Irish pub dinner. This does not mean I want to go back to "normal" eating after tomorrow. It means I know what I should eat, I love crossfit and if I want to improve I must continue. Although I don't want my social life to suffer as much, it is literally depressing. I like going out with my coworkers and friends for some drinks. Kill me for being a normal social being and I'm not 50. I have no kids, I have a career and I'm in good health. Going to live while I can without compromising my fitness/health. Word.

Don't feel like writing all I ate. I just got back from crossfit and I'm making some proteing powder pancakes. I'm flying solo so I'm making whatever pleases me.

Recipe:
1 ripe banana, mine was quite spotty
2 eggs
1 full scoop of whey isolate powder - unflavoured/unsweeted of course
splash of vanilla
1/3 cup ground flax
1/2 tsp baking soda
some shakes of cinnamon - hearty shakes
few dashes nutmeg
few dashes ground allspice
few chugs of salt
splash of coconut milk

whip that up with your whisk.

pan fry on medium. The look like real pancakes, guys. I think I've discovered the BEST "healthy" pancake recipe, no joke. Put butter on them, melt some frozen berries, coconut butter, almond butter. The possibilities are endless and they are amazing. I'm eating all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment