Sunday, October 14, 2012

Last Sunday. LAST!!

I almost caved and made myself a martini last night. Almost. If I can make it to Saturday sans booze it will be a milestone - two weeks without a drop. Elle oh Elle. I don't have a problem, I just really like wine, beer and other alcohol. Sorry for being a spectacular human with Western/Northern European roots! And if you want to get technical I'm black just like everybody else.

Can't be bothered to catch up from Wednesday's post, just know that there were zero cheats, and two crossfit sessions since. I am addicted to crossfit sometimes. I just love it and feel great after. Just like my fren reen, I look forward to working out. Kill me for giving a shit why don't you!! It's better than expanding on my couch which is what I do at other times. I'm looking forward to a social life once again though. I gota hit up bulk barn today for some nuts and coconuts - I'm making coconut butter today.

Sleep was great, I had wicked bizarro dreams.

Breakfast:
South African sausage + coffee + spoonfuls of coconut butter. Worries about the fat content in coconuts? Read this and shut your face:

Don’t be deterred by the high fat content of coconuts, the saturated fat in coconut is made up of short-chain and medium-chain fatty acids the body quickly turns into energy instead of storing as fat. Therefore, even though it’s high in saturated fat, coconut can aid in weight loss. Half the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut are composed of lauric acid, which is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal. Coconut can help boost the immune system.

I don't want to hear people complain about natural foods that are high in fat being bad for you. Change your thinking, just because that type of fat is called fat doesn't mean it makes you fat. Fat shouldn't be called fat is should be called carbs. Maybe then you'd adjust your meals.

I have a hankering for hot yoga. Yes I just said "hankering". I may go to the 3:30 class today since I can't run in this miserable weather. Speaking of running in miserable weather, kudos to those running the Toronto Marathon today. If I trained for that shit and woke up to this today, I'd be pissed.

Happy Sunday! I think I'll make Rogan Josh or Carnitas tonight.

UPDATE:
went shopping, hit bulk barn and sobeys.

I made Beef Rogan Josh for dinner w/cauli mash + roasted squash/beets DELISH

Made some coconut butter and had that over frozen berries as a snack. Well I microwaved it all so it wasn't frozen and added cinnamon. DANGEROUS. It's funny, a year ago I would be all over that snack, thinking I could eat it all kinds because it's just fruit. I didn't know that fruits could inhibit weight loss because of the sugar content. Sometimes learning new things sucks.

During the day:
Apple/almond butter was eaten. Also some salami.

I didn't go to yoga or exercise at all. I didn't want to wash my hair til Monday so I avoided sweating it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment