Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thirsty Thursday

It's the new thing to say now. So I'm saying it to be cool for you two. Hey guys it's thirsty thursday lets go drinking !! wooooooooooo!

Tonight I will drink some gin, I've been craving it all day. It's those damn pregnancy cravings. Gin it is.

Sleep was meh again. Why am I having trouble sleeping this week? I think it's because I am slightly pms-ing. I say slight because it's over a week away. I also am running low on magnesium and I think it helps me sleep.

I set my alarm for 6.15am this morning so I could go for a run. Ask me if I went.

Also, I've been thinking about taking some writing courses. Those thoughts turned into actions this morning as I signed up for a creative writing course at U of T in the fall. Can't wait! Well, I CAN wait because I have 2 months of summer to enjoy, a weekend in St. Jacobs and a vacation in Europe. Let the good times roll. Let them roll slowly, though. So, since I'll be taking this class, I am going to do my best to practice better grammar with this blog and not type like I am texting or messaging online. Bring on proper punctuation and caps where caps are needed! Partaaaaaayyy!! I have a few reasons for taking this class. Firstly, I want to get into writing more. I didn't realize I enjoyed it until recently. I found myself wanting to write down funny and interesting things that happen in life or in my head. It makes me feel good writing it down and sharing with people, especially when I get some laughs. This roots back to my childhood when I wanted to be a standup comic when I "grew up". The shy's took over and that never flourished, I went to school for art and design instead and I wanted to make money for a living. Plus, I've always been irritated by female comics (aside from Cathy Griffin and Tina Fey). ANYWAY, another reason is that I'd like to improve my "skills" and maybe even make a career out of writing. I don't know what genre yet, but perhaps this class will help me figure that out. There are quite a few classes at U of T for writing and if this goes well, I'll continue with more. Maybe in a perfect world, I'd be an awesome freelance writer that works from wherever in the world I goddam want to because of the magic of the internet get paid and recognized and become secretly famous. (chaaa right). Or maybe I can get that huge old country home I've been dreaming of lately, live off the land, write my stories and make my crafts. That sounds like bliss to me.. except for maybe in the wintertime when I will get depressed and fat but we'll deal with that when the time comes. I won't shave my armpits or legs and I'll have a really long braid and wear the same denim skirt every day with a tank top and no bra. You can see it, can't you? hahahaa... ohh dear.

Ok, FOOD.

Breakfast:
1 egg / spinach / half an avocado
coffee

Snack at work:
1 large banana / peanut butter
bit of coffee

Lunch:
1 jerky pepperette from the farmer's market
vegetable/beef soup
some chips

Snack:
4 small plums from the farmers market. I have no limits with plums, they so good.


Tonight:
gin dranks and .. more plums? there will be pizza at work but I'll try my best to dodge that.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment